Our motto is 'To Truth Through Love'.
The members of St Agnes Catholic High School pride themselves on being 'a diverse community learning together'. Our hopes for the school are summed up in our Vision Statement.
St Agnes Catholic High School is a centre of teaching and learning reflecting the life and mission of Jesus Christ.
Inspired by St Agnes and St Francis of Assisi, and following the tradition of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, we seek to
- welcome and serve one another
- recognise and celebrate the dignity and worth of each person
- nurture relationships built on integrity and compassion, forgiveness and love
- engender a sense of hope for a better future
In realising and giving life to this vision we
- know and value one another
- provide a comprehensive range of educational opportunities that responds to students’ needs
- nurture a positive learning environment which promotes high standards of achievement
- promote responsibility, self discipline and respect for the rights of others
- maintain a safe, peaceful and supportive environment
- empower each other to believe in ourselves and to make a difference for the better in our world
The School Crest
The St Agnes Catholic High School crest contains features which are in the crests of all schools established by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary.
The barque (boat) represents the journey that the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary took to other lands to spread the Catholic faith.
The Greek letters, ρ and χ on the sail of the barque are the first letters of the Latin, Christus Resurrexit – Christ is risen.
The motto 'To Truth through Love' is used by all Franciscan Missionary of Mary schools. It underpins the school’s approach to educating the whole person.